Located south of Washington, D.C. and just north of Virginia, Charles County shares its western and southern borders with the scenic Potomac River. With all the cultural, entertainment and economic advantages of being near a large urban region, the area boasts miles of shoreline, parks, history and agriculture.
Charles County is home to…
- 300 miles of shoreline great for boating, fishing, kayaking, boating, picnicking and more
- Recreational activities include an ice rink, golf courses, yacht clubs and the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs minor league baseball team
- Dr. Samuel A. Mudd House, LaPlata Train Station, Port Tobacco Historic Village and other historical sites highlight the rich heritage of the area
- One of the oldest towns on the East Coast, Port Tobacco was established in 1634
- Top employers: Charles County Board of Education, Indian Head Naval Surface Warfare Center, Charles County Government