Black rock mountains and rolling green pastures make up the landscape in Frederick County, the largest county in Maryland. With a highly-rated public school system and proximity to Washington, D.C. and Northern Virginia, this rural area has been experiencing rapid growth over the past few years. With numerous state parks, historical sites and recreation centers, residents have plenty of opportunities to get out and enjoy the fresh air.
Frederick County is home to…
- Catoctin Mountain with campgrounds, hiking trails and Catoctin Wildlife Preserve & Zoo
- Recreational activities including Adventure Park USA, Frederick Keys Baseball, Harpers Ferry Adventure Center and a variety of nature centers and walking/guided tours
- Historical battlefields, memorials, and museums that tell compelling stories of Maryland and U.S. History
- Breweries, Wineries and a thriving downtown area with unique shopping and every type of cuisine you can imagine
- Top employers: Fort Detrick, Frederick Memorial Healthcare System and Wells Fargo Home Mortgage