Located in rural Northern Maryland, Harford County is characterized by large horse farms, rambling hills and expansive wooded areas. The county features top-notch public schools, cultural and historic activities, and sporting activities such as golf, horseback riding, hiking, biking, boating, fishing and hunting. Enjoy big city conveniences with a small town vibe in Bel Air, Aberdeen or Harve de Grace, where trendy stores and restaurant chains fuse with farmers markets and local flair to provide a little something for everyone.
Harford County is home to...
- Aberdeen Ironbirds and Ripken Stadium
- Farms, equestrian centers and vineyards throughout the countryside
- Cultural venues for music, theater and historical museums
- Outdoor trails and parkland, including Rocks State Park, Gunpowder Falls State Park and Susquehanna State Park
- Top employers: Aberdeen Proving Ground, Upper Chesapeake Health, Rite Aid and Harford Community College