Prince George’s County
In Prince George’s County you will find a vibrant, growing community that is just minutes from downtown Washington, D.C., adjacent to Northern Virginia and a short drive to Annapolis and Baltimore. Areas within the county range from urban areas just outside D.C. to suburbs to rural hills and valleys. It is also flanked between the Potomac River to the west and the Patuxent River to the east. With such close proximity to our nation's capital, the county is host to many U. S. government facilities and is rich with cultural activities and popular destinations for shopping, dining, entertainment and sporting events.
Prince George’s County is home to...
- The Washington Redskins and Bowie Baysox minor league baseball
- Military and government facilities including Joint Base Andrews, United States Census Bureau and NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
- National Harbor on the Potomac and MGM National Harbor
- Major educational institutions including University of Maryland at College Park, University of Maryland University College and Bowie State University
- Over 27,000 acres of parkland, athletic fields, historic sites, community centers and recreation facilities
- Family fun amusements and theme parks
- Dynamic restaurants ranging from farm-to-table eateries to gourmet cuisine to national chains and a variety of upscale shopping malls and open air town centers
- Top employers: University System of Maryland, Joint Base Andrews Naval Air Facility, Prince George’s County Government, IRS, U.S. Census Bureau, UPS, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Giant Food and Verizon